Saturday, April 26, 2014

Joy in baptism...

Easter was a special day for our family. It was the day Matthew got baptized. Here is what I shared on Facebook about this special time:

Happy Easter!
Today was not as we planned. 

Sherri was home with pneumonia so I was at Bay Area Community Church with both boys. We attended the 8:00 am service to make room for the many people expected for the later services. As we sat in the service, Caleb was mesmerized by the story of Jesus' love for us. Such joy! What an amazing experience celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus!

For the 9:30 service, Sherri and I had volunteered to help with the kindergarten class so I was helping out there. Matthew decided to sit in the church for next service. As I was finishing up with the kindergarten boys, I suddenly get called to head to the service because Matthew was getting baptized! Just like Matthew, an unplanned decision to jump in feet first! Amazing joy as Matthew publicly shared his decision to follow Jesus! Greg St Cyr asked Matthew where his mom and dad were. Since I cry at funerals, weddings and baptisms, Matthew saved me a few public tears. 

Next I get a text from Sherri who was watching the service from home: "Matthew just got baptized!!!!!!!!!!"

Not your ordinary Easter! God has blessed us to know His mercy, grace, love, joy and peace. Never a dull moment on life's journey.

As I contemplate all of this, I'm reminded that God is already there. He knows our comings and goings. He knows the blessings and joys. He is already wherever we are planned and unplanned. The happy moments and sad moments are in His hands.





No comments: